Instructions for Alexander's Sun Country Concentrate: Genche Rose
TWO CAN RECIPE
|Ingredients for 5 gallons||White Wines |
|Red Wines |
|Alexander's Concentrate||2 - 46 fl. oz. cans||2 - 46 fl. oz. cans|
|Cold Water (approx. 50F)||11.5 cans||11.5 cans|
|White granular sugar||5 cups||8 cups|
|Yeast Nutrient||3 tsp.||3 tsp.|
|Bentonite 4 tsp. or||3/4 oz.||3/4 oz.|
|Wine Yeast (1 pkg.)||1/3 ounce||1/3 ounce|
|Tartaric Acid / Acid Blend||10 + or - 2 tsp.||6 + or - 2 tsp.|
- Add all ingredients (except yeast) to a clean 5 gallon fermenting container. Mix well making sure all granular ingredients are dissolved (especially on the bottom).
- Dissolve wine yeast into about 1 cup of the above misture, then add to 5 gallon container. Mix container well.
- Mix container once a day to keep yeast from settling.
- After 3 or 4 days and if there are no bubbles or gas (evidence of fermentation), warm container to about 75F until surface bubbles are present. Continue mixing conatiner once a day. Remove from warm place after fermentation starts.
- Fermentation is complete when gassing off has subsided and there is a sediment formed in the bottom of the container. After 20-30 days, as a rule, fermentation at 80F is shorter than at 60F. Specific gravity 1.000 or less.
- Allow wine to settle out one to two weeks after fermentation is complete. No further mixing.
- Rack - syphon off top clear wine (be careful not todisturb the heavy sediment at the bottom) into another clean 5 gallon container. Discard the heavy sediment.
- Add 1 or 1 1/2 campden tablets per gallon of wine. One tablet equals 50 ppm of sulfur dioxide per gallon, or add approx. 1/2 teaspoon metabisulfite per 5 gallons.
FINING OPTION (CLARIFICATION OF WINE)
Use one method below:
- Wine will naturally settle out on its own in 3 months (most of the time). If not, further fining is required.
- Sparkaloid - heat 1/4 to 1/8 ounce in whater (1/2 cup) for 15 minutes at about 180F. Then add to wine and mix container.
- Use 1 tsp. granular gelatin mix into 1/4 cups boiling water mix into 5 gal. wine. Add 3 tsp. of Nalco Colloidal Silica fining agent #1072 into wine and gently stir.