Table of Contents
- Text Style
- Pictures / Images
- Horizontal Separators
- Additonal References
- Separate text into paragraphs with blank lines
- Force a line break using three percent signs %%%
- Indent text by beginning a line with spaces or tabs
- use an exclamation mark ! at the beginning of a line to create a small headline
- !! for medium headlines
- !!! for large headlines
- Emphasized or Italic : Surround the text with two single quotes on each end ( ' ' ).
- Bold: Surround the text with two underscores (__) or two asterisks (**) on each end.
- Bigger: Surround with double hash marks (##)
- Smaller: Surround with double mu marks (µµ) - Option-M on a Mac
- typewriter-like font: Surround with double equal signs (==)
- Start a line with an asterisk * to begin a list
- Two asterisks will indent the list further
- Three asterisks even more.
- Use # instead for numbered lists
- These can have additional levels, too.
- You can mix asterisks and hash marks.
- However subsequent list points should start
with the same mix of * and #
- You can prevent a bad WikiWord being formed or show a plural form with square brackets:
- Valid internet addresses beginning with 'http://', 'file://', 'ftp://' ... will be made into a hyperlink automatically (like http://www.atamadison.com)
- To give a nicer title to a hyperlink
- Surround with square brackets and separate with the pipe character ( | )
Surround with square brackets and use quotes around the title
WikiWords can be given a different name the same way
- [Taekwondo | http://www.atamadison.com]
- To prevent a WikiLikeWord, http://type.address, or anything inside [square brackets] from becoming a hyperlink, then prepend with an exclamation mark or a tilde:
- !NoHyperLink, ~NoHyperLink
- ![no hyperlink], !http://nolink.org/
- Include an image into a page by enclosing its absolute web address in square brackets: [http://www.example.com/pics/image.png]
- The referenced file name must end with one of: .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif
- To provide a link to an image, without showing the image, omit the square brackets:
- Use four or more dashes alone on a line to create a horizontal line (----).
- ExtendedWikiMarkup - More advanced rules.
- GoodStyle - Guidelines for writing Wiki pages.
- SandBox - A place to practice using these markups.
- Source of Any Page - Click the EditThisPage link near the bottom of any page.